Howdy, Friends O'Farley…
There are only 49 days left to the election -- 7 weeks until we are able to move Arizona forward at long last.
So this Farley Report will be lighter than normal on policy discussion. We can talk about the big policy changes that will come after the election, but first we have to get elected. That's why this Report is an invitation.
This is the year we have been waiting for -- we can end extremism in the Legislature, but we all need to work together in whatever way we can. Legislative District 9 is one of the most competitive districts in the state, and your help can make the difference.
You are invited to create change in these ways:
1) Please come to our LD9 Northwest Headquarters Grand Opening THIS SUNDAY 9/23 from 1-2:30pm, at 5151 N Oracle, Suite 117 (just north of River). Ron Barber will be there, and Rich Carmona is invited as well. If you can join us for a walk afterward, wear your sunscreen and your comfortable shoes so we can spread the wave of change throughout our community.
2) Come meet me and the rest of the LD9 Dream Team at a series of upcoming house parties / fundraisers throughout the district. You can come out to support us on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, next Friday, and at a number of other dates coming up soon. Please see the details and RSVP online at http://www.friendsofarley.com/calendar
3) Contribute funds to help get the word out to voters. Every $20 will get mailers to 50 voters. Every $200 will reach 500 voters. Please give what you can so we can transform our state.
4) There is nothing more effective than talking to voters at their doorsteps, and the weather has been simply gorgeous lately. We have been talking to mostly Republicans and Independents and they are clearly ready for change in the Legislature. Please walk with us and talk with your neighbors. Sign up online, call Alma at 302-0623, or you can come by our LD9 HQ (5151 N. Oracle Ste 117) at normal walking hours (4pm weekdays, 8:30am and 4pm Saturdays, or 3pm Sundays), or just drop by anytime -- we can print you a packet of people in your neighborhood that you can walk at your own pace. You can walk for the LD9 Legislative Team, Ron Barber, and Rich Carmona at the same time.
5) If you would prefer to phone, come by at the same hours, or whenever you like, and we can set you up with a phone and a call sheet. Sign up online, call Alma at 302-0623, or you can come by our LD9 HQ (5151 N. Oracle Ste 117). You can call for the LD9 Legislative Team, Ron Barber, and Rich Carmona at the same time.
Since last month's Farley Report, our campaign has been honored with even more organizational endorsements from across the political spectrum -- firefighters, police, small business owners, teachers, realtors, doctors, and contractors. Here's the latest endorsement list:
--> Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce
--> Arizona Fraternal Order of Police
--> Arizona Nurses Association
--> Arizona Education Association
--> Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona
--> Arizona Association of Realtors
--> Associated General Contractors of Arizona
--> Arizona AFL-CIO
--> Arizona Multihousing Association
--> Humane Voters of Arizona
--> Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association
--> Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
--> Planned Parenthood of Arizona
--> Arizona Medical Association
--> Arizona Academy of Family Physicians
--> Arizona State Building and Construction Trades Council
--> Sierra Club, Grand Canyon Chapter
--> Arizona Pipe Trades
--> Arizona Society of Practicing Accountants
--> International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
--> Arizona League of Conservation Voters
--> Arizona State Contractors Coalition
--> Communications Workers of America, Arizona Chapter
These folks, like you, understand the importance of electing a moderate, common-sense legislature in Arizona to enact real solutions, not play partisan games. You can view this wonderful array of 23 community organizations on my Endorsement Page, and add your name, too!
Thank you so much for your support. We will do this together.
And thanks for your continuing faith in me as your Representative.
Paid for by Friends O'Farley